Re: ntpsec as server questions

On Fri, Dec 08, 2023 at 07:32:25AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:

[...]

> Also, the idea that a calculation of *anything* in our current Gregorian
> calendar system would extend back to a BC date is ludicrous [...]

The high-class version of this swear word would be "proleptic". But yeah,
I agree with you :-)

For all the mess involved, and how the calendar change moved through the
so-called civilised world, or not, see [1]. Revolts and all (because folks
tended to believe they had been stolen days of their lives).

Now look at a birth date recorded back then in some small-village parish
by a priest "under spirits" and guess what the real Unix time was back
then ;^)

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoption_of_the_Gregorian_calendar