Re: Isolated Web Co Session crash Firefox-ESR

On 04/12/2023 09:39, jeremy ardley wrote:
I think I've found a potential culprit using about:processes

https://openai.com 110% CPU

I would try it in chromium. Some sites relies on optimizations implemented in its JavaScript engine.

My observation is that Firefox may be CPU hungry due to "loading" animations (CSS and others). Curiously it may happen namely when JS is disabled since otherwise animated placeholders are replaced by dynamically loaded content that is still.

I have also been monitoring global memory use. The last entry below is after I closed the openai tab

I have not used atop, but a colleague recommended it. This tool may write logs.