Re: Mailing List

On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 08:39:51PM +0000, piorunz wrote:
> On 01/12/2023 16:15, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > > Your message is here, so you are subscribed :)
> >
> > Not necessarily, you can post here as a non-subscriber. Actually I have
> > the hunch that the OP is not subscribed (going by the X-Spam-Status header).
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Oh, ok, I didn't know that. That's why the group receives so much spam
> lol -_-

I think this is unfair: given the list's volume (~3k members, ~0.5k posts
per month) I find spam ratio to be no less than stellar. I'm sure there is
quite a bit of quiet work behind the scenes to keep things running *that*
smoothly.

Keeping the list open to non-subscribers goes a long way of making Debian
itself open, so I understand and support that decision.

Cheers