Re: Could/should you set Dir::Cache::{pkgcache, srcpkgcache} = ""; if all you are doing is locally downloading dependencies of an installation package?

On 11/30/23, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu 30 Nov 2023 at 21:05:38 (+0000), Albretch Mueller wrote:
>>  I also notice repeated copies of {src-, pkgcache}.bin files for each
>> downloaded package even though I am downloading them to specific
>> subdirectories in order to then install them using dpkg.
>>  Do you really need those binaries and cache instructions if you are
>> just downloading the installation dependencies? How do you remove,
>> disregard those kinds of caching strategies in a graceful way?
>
> Perhaps you could elaborate on the commands you're running.

 I am using apt-rdepends --follow=Depends <deb package>

 to download all dependencies into a subdirectory for each package
then I notice the same files: srcpkgcache.bin et pkgcache.bin in every
subdirectory.

> BTW could you not write part of your post in the Subject line

 I understand, It won't happen again
 lbrtchx