Re: limit on attachment in mail to list

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 06:40:45AM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> But whose list admins. My suspicion lies with the Outlook ones
> (either they don't signal the rejection, or they eat the bounce,
> or they had an Azure dropout or whatever). They are known to
> behave erratically already.

I see a few choices here.

1) Someone ELSE can try to send a 1.2 MB image attachment to this
   mailing list, PRAY TO $DEITY THAT IT FAILS, and then report to us
   in detail what happened.

2) Someone could ASK THE DEBIAN LIST ADMINS what the exact criteria are.

3) We could DROP THIS WHOLE FREAKING DISCUSSION.  Sending image attachments
   of any size to a large mailing list is BAD and SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN
   DONE TO BEGIN WITH.

I, personally, do not want to be the asshole who sends a 1.2 MB image
to a mailing list, just in case it somehow gets through, just to test
something that doesn't need to be tested.