Re: Debian support for ARM SBCs (was: Installing on Radxa Rock Pi 4B using SD-card-images)

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 06:39:46PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > The way round this is to build u-boot or reverse-enginer the settings then
> > do the same for a kernel, dtb and then debootstrap Debian yourself
> >  - that's exactly the sort of thing that folk do to get their boards
> > "supported in Debian" - folk like vagrantc and gwolf.
> > Painful isn't in it - there's a reason why there are relatively few
> > boards supported in the SD card images list.
>
> BTW, do you happen to know of a good resource/URL/mailinglist for that
> specific task, both to find info about supported boards (and *how* they
> are supported) but also in case I want to help add support for the
> boards I happen to have around?

Hi Stefan,

On IRC, there's #debian-arm on OFTC
There's the debian-arm mailing list

Probably some of the regular "State of the ARM" videos at pretty much
every Debconf (now also available on Peertube and YouTube).

It probably doesn't help that the community is small - a chat around
Steve's BBQ in Cambridge every year probably yields world expertise :(
(Sledge, unixsmurf on IRC both worked for ARM for many years, Wookey
still does).

I don't know who vagrantc (Vagrant Cascadian) works/worked for but always
a useful person.

Asking on the Debian resources above is probably as good as any.

All the very best,

Andy