Re: Debian will not boot any more, wrong UUID

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 05:34:31PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> since days I am now fighting with a big and special problem I fell into.
>
> On my notebook I have 2 drives, one is a NVME drive, the other a normal
> harddrive.
>
> The NVME has got Widows_11 and Debian_12 on it.
>
> But here is the problem:
>
> As I resized the Windows and Linux partitions, the UUIDs have changed. Thus,
> now the root partition can not be found any more, as the UUID has changed.
>
> This is not the only problem! Windows has changed the BIOS settings during an
> update. Now it has set from AHCI to RAID. This is the first problem.

I hate to say this: you need to reinstall Windows 11, potentially and then
reinstall Debian. AHCI is the appropriate setting - maybe if you wipe the
machine it should work.

Quite often, the machine has a setting in firmware which embeds a Windows
licence key these days.

Windows first, then Debian, I think.

All best, as ever,