Re: Fresh install, Bookworm, XFCE keeps recreating directories

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 09:24:53PM -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> Found $/.config/user-dirs.dirs, commented out the ones I didn't want,
> no change. File $/.config/user-dirs.dirs reverted to original on
> logout/login.

Is that *normal* behavior of XFCE?  I would look into that, probably
first by Googling, then perhaps by asking in an XFCE help forum, or
whatever it is they have.

Also, check the obvious thing: is ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs a regular
file, or a symlink?

Altering the contents of an existing file in ~/.config/ upon login
sounds incredibly wrong to me, to the point where I have a hard time
believing it's a default behavior.  Maybe your system admin has done
something locally on your system to overwrite this file on every login.