Re: Components of the computer

Am 04.09.2023 um 13:05:25 Uhr schrieb David Christensen:

> I have found that slim type optical drives in laptops are not
> interchangeable -- the physical configuration between the drive, the
> front bezel, the front quick-change latch, etc., is specific to that
> combination.

The front is different, but can be unmounted and replaced by the old
one.
The mounting of the drive itself is also proprietary, but IIRC it can
also be mounted on another drive.
The connection to the computer is different. there is SATA (I only saw
one standard for that for optical drives) and IDE (I saw multiple
connectors for that).