keybase upgrade / install fails

I'm running Debian/Bookworm on an AMD64 system. For the last two or three weeks I've been getting messages like below when I use apt: The keybase package doesn't seem to configure properly so apt keeps trying, and failing, to finish the package installation. Removing it (not purging) then reinstalling doesn't help.

Setting up keybase (6.2.2-20230726175256.4464bfb32d) ...
Autorestarting Keybase via systemd for <my username>
mkdir: cannot stat ‘/keybase’: Transport endpoint is not connected
chown: cannot access '/keybase': Transport endpoint is not connected
chmod: cannot access '/keybase': Transport endpoint is not connected
dpkg: error processing package keybase (--configure):
installed keybase package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
keybase

Any suggestions?