Re: chrome web browser worthless

On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 08:13:50AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/1/23 06:16, Phil Wyett wrote:
> > On Tue, 2023-08-01 at 05:33 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe direct this to the appropriate arena. Debians default browser is
> > Firefox, if there is no issue with FF means you are in the wrong place
> > for this kind of statement/query.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Phil
> >
> While armbians default seems to be chrome. But I believe armbian is using
> the debian repos. FF is installed as a snap, updated nightly from mozzilla,
> which is a PITA but it does work.  Google/Alphabet is turning into a bigger
> PITA than M$. So I'll hit the armbian forum with this bitch.  Thank you
> Phil, take care & stay well.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Gene,

With the best will in the world - this *isn't* a Debian problem.

It's an armbian problem, maybe - it's a Gene problem, but it's not a
problem with Debian-provided software.

Similarly with snaps/AppImages/flatpaks - install from third party sites
and you take yourself outside straightforward Debian - at whcih point it's
time to go and raise complaints with your software provider.

If you mix in packages from various sites, you create a sort of
FrankenDebian - that's fine, but don't ask Debian to sort out the
resultant problems when most of us here can only speak to Debian
experience.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy