Re: latest upgrade to systemd 252.12-1 error about invalid attributes /var/log/journal and slow sshd connections

On Sat, Jul 15, 2023 at 1:09 PM David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:

>  [...]
>
> "2.  "I noticed that when I change UsePAM yes to UsePAM no then this
> issue is resolved."
>
> BINGO! I flipped that UsePAM setting to no and the problem has gone away.

If you need a datapoint about UsePAM... I've been setting it to 'no'
for years on the BSDs, Debian, Fedora, Hurd, Red Hat and Ubuntu. But I
also disable all password authentication, and require public key
authentication.

$ cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config.d/10-pubkey_auth.conf
# Disable passwords
PasswordAuthentication no
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
KerberosAuthentication no