Re: Partial Freeze Bullseye Mate

On 7/14/23 09:07, Peter Ehlert wrote:

On 7/14/23 08:46, piorunz wrote:
On 14/07/2023 15:40, Peter Ehlert wrote:
I am using a KVM switch. when I flip over to either of the two other
computers the mouse and keyboard works as normal.

This is most likely a cause of your malfunction. Not the system, not CPU
heat, but KVM device.
Thanks: most likely you are correct, that occurred to me moments after I pushed Send.

a couple weeks ago I did change to another KVM switch (new) and everything seemed to be better, until now.

however I did not replace the USB cable, access is a bit difficult.
If/when it happens again I will change the cable and use another USB port on the computer

Update: this morning it went off again.
first I replaced the USB cable, no change
then I replaced the KVM switch, no change
in the process I swapped around the 4 USB cables with the 6 ports on the back ...

hot-swapping gives weird results. sometimes Everything works, sometimes I get only Partial mouse response. Right click works, but several windows would not respond. That astounds me.

continuing to fiddle, it seems I am getting bad connections in some ports, but not consistent

I think I will shutdown, pull the box, and see what I can do to clean the ports... I am _guessing_ this is a Hardware Issue.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/