Re: getmail problem

Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> writes:

> hi,
>
> the problem with getmail is that it ignores my .getmailrc file:
[...]
> ( my config is  in ~.getmailrc and .getmail/getmailrc )

The latter should work. Run getmail --dump to see what it says
about the configuration file location. Since I don't know how to
configure getmail I put in what you showed into ~/.getmail/getmailrc and
got this output:

$ getmail --dump
Configuration error: configuration file /home/users/zz/.getmail/getmailrc incorrect (File contains no section headers.
file: '/home/users/zz/.getmail/getmailrc', line: 1
'server = imap.gmail.com\n')

So while my configuration is obviously wrong, at least getmail tells me
which configuration file it's reading. From the documentation and code
~/.config/getmailrc seems to be the first choice if that exists,
~/.getmail/getmailrc is the second.