Re: Synaptic Problem

On 7/7/23 15:32, Felix Miata wrote:
Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2023-07-07 15:17 (UTC-0400):

I have just installed Bookworm without any problems.

However, synaptic has developed a problem:

1920x1080 is working now???

Google has not found a solution that works.

I would appreciate suggstions.

It's for a Brother printer, came from Brother's web site. I find my brscan4
installed to /opt/brother/scanner/. Hopefully this can help you find the archive
you downloaded on your Bullseye disk instead of needing to hunt for it on
Brother's website.

I'd not recommend that, but look for the brother install script in his old /home/$user/Downloads directory, running that and giving it the exact model name of the brother printer, will goto the brother site and download the latest version. But to get it to work at all, may require you use the package manager to remove and purge cups-browsed. The cups driverless stuff over-rides brothers stuff and the printer is reduced to the lowest common version, duplex disappears, tray src selection defaults to tray 1, and a color printer becomes black and white. Brothers drivers can run the printer to its full capbility.
look for: linux-brprinter-installer-*

If the printer is an MFC, you'll also get the brscan stuff for x-sane. And w/o cups-browsed, they Just Work flawlessly.

Or if you goto the brother site, that is the script you will dl first, set chom +x and then run from the cli. The version may change which is why I starred the line above.
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis