Re: why bookworm isn't called deb12?

On 7/7/23 16:59, Bret Busby wrote:
On 7/7/23 16:30, Bret Busby wrote:
Microsoft didn't invent anything.

I did not post that statement as the original poster of that statement.

Your comment about  BSOD strongly suggests you agree with the sentiment.

I reiterate. Microsoft for good or bad has made major advances in software and is responsible for a fair fraction of what we experience in our Linux world.

My view is that much of what Microsoft produces is plain awful, mainly on commercial grounds, but a lot of what they have produced is highly influential and relevant to the Linux community.

The latest Microsoft incursion is Visual Studio Code. It's a real innovation. If you are a Linux Developer and not competent in using it you will shortly be consigned to history. Now add in ChatGPT (a Microsoft product) and you have the road-map of most software generation for Linux as well as Microsoft for the next five years.

Jeremy

(Native language English, Variant Australian, Uses GPT4 and VSCode)