Re: Monitor Problem

Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2023-07-05 15:36 (UTC-0400):

> Two peoblems remain;

> Booting into the 500GB SDD, upon which I installed Debian-12.0.0 still has a highest resolution of 1024x768.

> Booting into the 1TD SSDmstill hangs with a message: ;out of range'

I don't know about the others, but I can't remember everything about your
situation from every post you make. You need to provide/recap troubleshooting
information from Bookworm now that you're using it:

1-pastebin[1] /var/log/Xorg.0.log if it exists, otherwise
 ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log if it exists, or
 /var/log/Xorg.1.log if it exists, or
 ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.1.log if it exists, or
if none exist,
output from journalctl -b

2-input/output in an X session from 'inxi -SGaz' attached or pasted here

3-is result same whether connected to your LG or your TV?

4-what cable type are you using, VGA? HDMI? DP? DVI? Any adapters involved, such
as a KVM switch? If the latter, does connecting directly help? Does switching
cables help?

5-If you create a new user and login using it, does the 1024x768 limitation remain?

6-take that last several paragraphs into account in answering, from:
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/07/msg00037.html>

This identical 1024x768 limitation with two disks and two operating systems and
two different gfxcards suggests a monitor or cabling issue that cannot be
corrected in software.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastebin
[2] man pastebinit
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata