Re: Bash invocation, was Re: 60-serial.rules, broken

On Fri 09 Jun 2023 at 09:41:23 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> On 6/9/23 06:51, David Wright wrote:

> > > Thanks for the clarification Tomas. That would intimate the search
> > > order would be /home/$usr/someplace, /etc/someplace, /lib/someplace.
> > > Is that correct?
> >
> > Not only did I give the priority for the task you're tackling
> > (which BTW would not concern an individual user's directory tree),
> > I also gave you the reference: man udev.
> >
> > What is your problem??
> >
> man udev is as opaque as you can make what looks like plain English.

I find it hard to believe that the exams you're always talking about
having passed are any easier than understanding:

 "All rules files are collectively sorted and processed in lexical
  order, regardless of the directories in which they live. However,
  files with identical filenames replace each other.
  Files in /etc/ have the highest priority, files in /run/
  take precedence over files with the same name under /usr/.
  This can be used to override a system-supplied rules file
  with a local file if needed"

But paraphrasing myself, not only did I give you the reference,
I also gave you the priority for the task you're tackling:
 "Files under /etc/ take priority over those under /usr/lib/
  when their filenames are the same."

Cheers,
David.