Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 02:39:43AM +0000, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Please don't just say "kvm". I've tried installing different
> combinations of "qemu-kvm", "virt-manager" etc and they all depend on
> dozens of GUI tools.

"kvm" is the generally accepted answer. None of the GUI tools are
necessary, they are optional extras. There are thousands upon
thousands of VM hosting companies out there running kvm on Linux and
providing only SSH and VNC access to guests.

Xen is another option, but you'll find far more guides for kvm.

I've used both kvm and Xen in the way you describe.

Cheers,
Andy