Re: SOLVED:Re: repeat of previous questionthathasgoneunansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/13/23 07:18, Brian wrote:
On Fri 12 May 2023 at 15:27:21 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

On 5/12/23 14:45, Brian wrote:
On Fri 12 May 2023 at 06:23:56 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

I'm confused. There is not anything wrong with this machine as a Server.
ALL of this muttering and bitching has been because bookworm clients did NOT
work. buster clients work great.

"work(s)" is such vague term. I guess working and non-working are references

   > All of my bullseye machines are locked out, printer screen at
   > localhost:631 is empty, and no printers can be found and added

How many times do I have to say it is/was a CLIENT problem that only exists
for BOOKWORM clients.  The elephant in the room that most have ignored.

THe issue has been fully dealt with. In short:

    No local printers leads to an empty localhost:631 and 'lpstat -t'.

THere isn't any issue whatsoever. You seem very reluctant to incorporate this
basic fact into your thinking. THe room is empty.

May we have 'lpstat -t' from a buster machine that is not bpi54?

This is buster, running a milling machine in the garage

[Informative info from a number of machines snupped.]

All the displayed queues are local and have either been set up manually (ipp://...)
or autmatically by cups-browsed (implicitclass://...). A manual setup on a
bullseye machine would involve the raw or everywhere model. A client.conf is an
is an alternative.

But it doesn't seem to work in armbian bullseye, who uses debian repo's for everything not involved with booting. Most armbian stuff is u-boot.

I now have different results between bpi54, which works, and bpi51, which does not. The two are I believe configured identically in /etc/cups.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis