Re: SOLVED:Re: repeat of previous question that has goneunansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/11/23 17:59, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2023-05-11 12:08:01 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
Aha!!!! Got it, geany evince okular etc can now print from bpi54! Removing
the Listen localhost:631 directive from /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and inserting a

Listen 192.168.xx.yy:631

made the localhost:631/printers on this machine show up in FF on bpi54, all
5 choices from this machine.

Any explanation?

My best guess is the Server directive in client.conf was rejected because there was already a couple "Listen" directives pointing at itself. Remove the main one and the client.conf was able to take over. Or the substition of a "Listen ipv4-address-of-server:631" is also a possibility.

Whatever, the point now is that it Just Works.

A lot of hacking on C-89 has taken place since the last C book was published by K&R, so I am not the C guru I was in the 1990's.

I'm now 88 yo and some of me has gone to the dogs too. Take that as an admission that my diagnosis might be wrong, but I've been chasing electrons to make then do useful work since about 1948 when I quit school and went to work fixing them new fangled things called tv's.

Take care & stay well, Vincent.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis