Re: relevance of packages in repositories

Дмитрий wrote:

> the stable version of Neodim 9.0 in debian 12 is the SEVENTH version, and in order to get the current version, you need to drag something like Homebrew, it really pisses you off and pushes you away from using the distribution

At packages.debian.org, I put in "neodim" and got:

---
You have searched for packages that names contain neodim in all
suites, all sections, and all architectures.

Sorry, your search gave no results
---

If you have Neodim installed via apt, I don't think it came from
Debian at all.

-dsr-