Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing two text files where Word Wrap is possible?

On Saturday, April 01, 2023 09:07:47 AM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, March 31, 2023 11:37:30 PM Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> I don't remember the name of the utility that I used to use in the
> Microsoft world, but it was very nice in showing changes within lines or
> paragraphs, using underline and crossout (wrong name).

Ahh, some things are coming back to me (it is interesting getting old -- among
other things, I'm remembering things from long ago that I had forgotten -- I
sort of wonder if that is a slow motion version of my life flashing before my
eyes which might mean I'm in deep trouble ;-)

Anyway, I now remember that there were at least two ways that I found to do
that in the Microsoft world -- one was a standalone utility, which name I
still don't remember, but the other was a feature built into Microsoft Word
(at least in the versions I used 20 to 30 years ago).

I don't know if [Libre | Open] Office has a similar feature.

Far aside: I am remembering that I once wrote a literate program (ala Knuth)
in Microsoft Word (and it worked) -- I could (easily compile it from the Word
document, or view it with or without the "literacy".  Unfortunately, the
client company went out of business before the program was put in service.
(Wouldn't you be worried if you remembered something like that ;-)

--
rhk

(sig revised 20230312 -- modified first paragraph, some other irrelevant
wordsmithing)