Re: Strange application menus (File, Edit…) behaviour since last update

>> > AFAIK, "apt full-upgrade" is for stable to the next stable,
>> > not for testing and unstable (one typically resolves conflicts
>> > interactively).
>>
>> Interesting.  I don't use `apt` but "full-upgrade" is what I've been
>> using with testing for the last 20 years, first with `apt-get` then with
>> `aptitude`.
>
> It's just a tad riskier -- you allow apt to change versions and
> potentially remove packages. If you keep a small cross section
> you won't get hit often :)

I always review the set of removed packages, indeed (tho when that set
is large, it's easy to miss something).  Note that this same problem
occurs for users of `stable` when moving from one release to the
next, tho, with the caveat that in this case the set is always large (arguably
too large to review).

        Stefan