Re: PDF on debian

* On 2023 09 Mar 04:41 -0600, Corey Hickman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What's the suggested PDF generator in Debian (without desktop)?
> And is there a VIM plugin for that?

If you really want to be "old school" there is roff handled by Groff in
Debian (most man pages are written in roff using the "man" macro
package).  The groff package includes other macro packages such as the
historical "ms" and "mm" and a much newer package called "mom".  Until
Groff 1.23 is released, the package includes the "groffer" program that
will read the roff file and call the PDF viewer for display or printing.
There are also command options to generate and write a PDF from groff
itself, but I like groffer for printing files I don't need to save the
PDF for.

I have letters along with a letterhead written with "mm" macros and
envelope templates for US #10 and #6 3/4 written in raw roff requests
that I use for printing such documents.  I also edit these files in Vim
and find this to be a fast and relatively lightweight way of doing so.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB