Re: PDF on debian

On Thu 09 Mar 2023 at 15:29:51 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 01:42:22PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> > On Thu 09 Mar 2023 at 12:43:51 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > There are other (simpler) options, look for text2pdf/text2ps. Personally,
> > > I go the (La)TeX way.
> >
> > For a searchable PDF, I would use
>
> What do you mean by "searchable"? I can search in my LaTeX-generated
> PDFs for some text, if you mean that.

That is exactly what I mean; using / in a PDF viewer. cupsfilter does
what texttopdf does but its PDF foles are not searchable, but can be
made so:

 /usr/sbin/cupsfilter in.txt | pdftocairo -pdf - out.pdf

> TeX is perfectly fine as a PDF backend. Especially if you go for the
> more "modern" variants, like LuaTeX, which grok UTF-8 natively.

I am sure Tex is fine. I wished to deliver a solution using something
failrly simple that is probably already on most systems.

--
Brian.