Re: how to activate my wireless card? nmtui only shows wireless connections . . .

On 3/3/23, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> ... the messages you
> are seeing are from the first 88.2 seconds after boot.

 Most probably and luckily no one has reported such problems, but from
the corner from which I see reality it may as well be not "after
boot". I haven't exactly timed it (I will when I get a chance, in
fact, dmesg logs should do), but booting the 16Gb RAM laptop I am
using right now with a Debian Live DVD takes definitely more than one
minute.

 Something else "weird" that I noticed is that the BIOS not only kept
a connection to a wireless network around me (which I used more than a
year ago and which password I don't even remember) but was able to
connect through it. I wonder why on earth should a BIOS be WiFi
enabled?!? but, well, these days even microwaves are! I think the only
way to deal with such matters is by physically disconnecting the
wireless card if possible and/or keeping your laptop in a (optimally
grounded) Faraday cage. Unfortunately, I can't do so right now because
my cell phone is also acting up, . . . once for just writing a poem my
connection to the Internet and cell phone didn't work for 8 months!
(hsymbolicus poems "lies ..."); so, for now, I will have to keep
"hugging the Germans".

 I really don't give a sh!t about Windows (I would just use it as test
based for my java code), but something I have noticed is that from the
Debian Live boot I can't access the internal SSD in my DELL Inspiron
box. Do you have experience with, would you suggest ways out of such
problems?

 lbrtchx