Boot Errors

While running the stable branch of 64-bit Debian, rebooted into an
alternative OS, but forgot to unmount a USB device beforhand. Shutdown
was taking too long, so forced it anyway. Now when I try to start
Linux, I get these error messages:

[1.922640] platform gpio_ich.2.auto: failed to claim resource 0:[io
0x0480-0x04ff]
[8.934607] BTRFS error (device sdc2): parent transid verify faild on
176160768 wanted 680981 found 680979
[8.934649] BTRFS error (device sdc2): failed to read block groups 1 - 5
[8.935724] BTRFS error (device sdc2): open_ctree failed
mount: mounting /dev/sdc2 on /root failed: invalid argument
failed to mount /dev/sdc2 as root file system

Then the initramfs command prompt appears. A little hard to find much
on that.

Read in the btrfs wiki that <-o ro,usebackuproot> with the mount
command could help when the "wanted" and "found" numbers were not too
far apart.

mount -t btrfs -o ro,usebackuproot /dev/sdc2
TRIED with: /sysroot
GOT: mount: mounting /dev/sdc2 on /sysroot failed: invalid argument
TRIED with: /
GOT: mount: mounting /dev/sdc2 on / failed: invalid argument
TRIED with: /root
GOT: mount: mounting /dev/sdc2 on /root failed: invalid argument

Is this a GRUB issue, a btrfs issue, or must I reinstall the operating
system, and if so where can I find out which files must be preserved in
order to maintain continuity?