Re: Some of the parameters used in my genisoimage command don't produce a bootable ISO image

Hi,

Mario Marietto wrote:
> I've found this tutorial and I've followed,integrating the Thomas
> suggestions :
> https://github.com/Nidouille/Debian-Automated-Installation

The section "Creation de l'ISO" is outdated since Debian 7.
The excuse "UEFI : grub  Modification non faite, car je suis en vm"
is not valid any more.

In general i would rather try to follow Debian docs, although they tend
to be a few releases behind. Google leads me to
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso
which looks like being on the same stage of development as the french site.
But it sends me to
  https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs01.en.html
from where i hop to
  https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs01.en.html

Consider to check your preseeding commands for compliance with this
documentation.

> xorriso -osirrox on -indev /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/debian-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso -extract / /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-xfce/

Despite the directory name "debian-live" you are experimenting with a
netinst ISO, which is on topic on debian-cd@lists.debian.org .
About Debian Live install images as of
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/
you should ask at debian-live@lists.debian.org .

A guess out of competition, as i have no clue of presseding:

> echo /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/preseed/preseed.cfg | cpio -H newc -o -A -F /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-xfce/d-i/initrd

You put the whole lengthy path into the cpio archive initrd.
But
  https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs02.en.html
says
  "If you are using initrd preseeding, you only have to make sure a file
   named preseed.cfg is included in the root directory of the initrd."

That would be

  ( cd /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/preseed/
    echo preseed.cfg | cpio -H newc -o -A -F /home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-xfce/d-i/initrd )

Inspect the resulting cpio archive by:

  cpio -t </home/ziomario/Scrivania/PassT-Cubic/ISO/debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-xfce/d-i/initrd 2>&1 | less

Have a nice day :)

Thomas