Re: Advantages/Disadvantages of Open Source Software (Was Re: Package grub-xen-host breaks PV domains with 11.5 point release)

> the interest of the user. These "volunteers" obviously have other,
> possibly malicious, interests if they prove themselves unwilling to
> apply fixes to bugs that are reported to them.

I think there's a confusion here: these volunteers will also have
"other, possibly malicious, interests" even if they are willing/eager
to apply fixes to bugs that are reported to them.

Same goes for people you pay, so it's not specific to volunteers.
And of course it's also not specific to a particular kind of license.

        Stefan