Re: apt-cacher internal error (died)

Hi David,

I've tried your list and the server updates fine.

On a client I see again:

sudo apt update
Ign:1 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian stretch InRelease
Ign:2 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian stretch-updates InRelease
Hit:4 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian stretch-backports InRelease
Hit:5 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian stretch Release
Err:6 http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian-security stretch/updates Release
503 DNS error for hostname debian-security: Name or service not known. If debian-security refers to a configured cache repository, please check the corresponding configuration file.
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'http://192.168.100.1:3142/debian-security stretch/updates Release' does not have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

It looks like there is something wrong with debian-security repo specifically.

Could the fact that the client has no internet connectivity play a role?
I would imagine this is a typical scenario where you want to use apt-cacher.

Regards,
Adam