Which MTA for from-based smarthost selection, local delivery and queuing?

Dear all,

(I am not subscribed to the list)

Currently I am using exim4 as mail transport agent (MTA).

I am looking for another one, because I would like to be able to
configure the SMTP server to use based on the address I am using in the
>From header. For instance, if I am sending from my personal account then
I'd like to use one smarthost and SMTP configuration, but if I am
sending from my work address, I would like the MTA to choose my work's
SMTP server as its smarthost. Am I correct that exim4 does not allow for
such a configuration? If it would, I think that would be my preferred
solution, although I find exim4 really big and difficult to apprehend.

I was advised to use msmtp but, although it has the feature I am looking
for, it misses two features of exim4 that I find useful: local e-mail
delivery to users' maildirs and the ability to queue emails composed while
the computer is off-line so that they get sent the next time the network
becomes available.

It may help to know that I am using mutt as my mail user agent.

Is there an MTA or combination of MTAs that would fulfill all these
needs, please? Is it worth looking into postfix, for instance?

Any help will be more than warmly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Sébastien.