Re: Currently on x11vnc, looking for reliable VNC solution?

On 07.09.2022 13:41, piorunz wrote:
On 07/09/2022 05:58, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
On 07.09.22 06:19, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

I've switched to NoMachine [1] a long time ago.
It has all features I need, which are multi-platform and cross-OS
support, public key authentication, reliable file transfer between
hosts, and completely free no strings attached license for personal use.

and the there's anydesk, with conditions just as nomachine.

anydesk.com

[1] https://www.nomachine.com/

Thanks for your replies guys. These solutions are overkill to my needs,
I just need reliable LAN access from one machine to another,
NoMachine does exactly that.

as for WAN
access I already have ssh tunnel which tunnels all traffic I want if
need be. So, I don't think I need external, commercial, not open source
solution for my simple remote access.
NoMachine is not external service like anydesk or teamviewer. Doesn't nag you about license or anything. It is a completely self-hosted solution and doesn't require Internet access to work. You setup your own SSH keys and\or passwords, ports, settings, etc. For me at home NoMachine provides a physical-like-access experience to all my Linux and Windows hosts and IMO was a major step forward from slow, ancient and insecure VNC.

I'd rather fix VNC server I have
right now, or switch to different VNC server. Anyone has experience with
VNC, or similar LAN protocols, which work? Thanks in advance.
I was in search for a VNC replacement once too. Good luck.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org