Re: .Net Core program crashes on Linux and not on Windows

Patrick Kirk wrote:
> I have a program that is meant to run on my Debian VPS which is hosted by
> Digital Ocean.  My access to the server is via Putty. Unfortunately the
> program simply stops, silently, after a few minutes.
>
> My code is littered with try catch statements. The console window shows no
> errors. It just silently fails.
>
> One issue may be that the program is a resource hog working with datasets
> of a million or so records at a time. Perhaps the system kills processes
> that threaten to take over all resources?

There is a kernel feature called the Out Of Memory Killer, which
kills processes that try to use all the memory of the system.

> Anyway, I would be grateful for any suggestion on how to track down this
> problem. I'm happy to read the documentation but as you can probably tell I
> don't know how to start framing the question.

Did you write this program?

Are you a fluent .Net Core programmer?

Has it ever run on some other system?

What happens if you try with a dataset of ten records?

-dsr-