Re: apt-get -qq install

David Christensen wrote:

> > I don't actually like the idea of redirecting apt-get's output to
> > /dev/null because I want to see the list of packages installed, but without
> > these pseudographics. Do you think it's possible? Any ideas?
>

> I prefer the idea of collecting all of the data and then writing queries
> and reports to print the interesting bits.  If you keep all of the data,
> you can apply future queries and reports to past data.  But if you
> filter the data up front and save one report format, your future options
> are limited.

(Un)fortunately this is a CI/CD pipeline, the VM and its data will be
gone forever after the build. Unless I care to keep apt output as an
artifact somewhere which is IMHO an overkill. I just want an concise
CI/CD log without interactive bells and whistles like progress
indicators.

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/