Re: debian-user list info and guidelines (FAQ) - posted monthly

Hi,

On 2021-08-06 8:20 a.m., tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 07:33:04AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>> On 2021-08-06 at 07:28, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Easy: if the message comes from the list, reply goes to the list.
>>> Your MUA should be able to help you with that, if it's worth its
>>> salt.
>>
>> I get enough accidental direct replies (proportionally speaking, anyway)
>> that I don't consider this practical. There are too many times when a
>> reply that was sent privately *should* have gone via the list, and so
>> the reply to that should go in turn back to the list.
>
> Definitely. I don't get it perfectly every time, either. I only took
> issue with Polina's stance, which could be read as "it's not even
> worth trying".

If you can read my mind then you'd know that it's not what I was thinking.

If you can't read my mind, then maybe it's better to keep quiet than to
say stuff you don't have a damn clue about.

On my dumb GUI mail client, I don't see the whole header unless I do ask
to do so.

I didn't see no where something saying that it was needed to use a
specific mail client or take the time to interpret the headers.

So I'll go with a hint.

If someone bothers you, then simply use the "block" possibility and send
their mail to the SPAM folder of your mail client.

Like you already said, if it's worth the salt, it will do so.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside