Re: OFFLIST: Gnome desktop removal messed up machine

Hi,

On 2021-08-05 8:44 a.m., Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 01:49:50PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> FWIW: my laptop runs wth SysV init, no Gnome (actually no desktop
>> environment), but with X and a window manager (Fvwm). It's not
>> always "obvious", but it is definitely doable. Debian's happy.
>
> And I'm using fvwm with systemd.
>
> There are lots of choices.  This is what makes Debian the "universal
> operating system".

I believe this is the power of Debian.
Got short on memory, use only a windows manager or even no GUI at all.
Want something more similar to Windows, use KDE or another complete
desktop environment.

Run all of these for different use (choosing in the display manager, GDM
or other).

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside