Re: ISO to external SSD

On August 3, 2021 8:17:58 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

Second, the price of spinning disks is such that it makes no
sense to buy anything smaller than 4TB, which will fit all this,
and 6-8 TB are often a reasonable idea even for single users.

You seem to assume a 3½" form factor which either requires a "large"
desktop or an external enclosure.
Not really. My HP z620 work station ain't huge.
Personally I consider this form factor dead every since I bought my
first 2TB 2½" disk.
If you use Lots of drives (4tb), and are on a limited budget, like me... The 3.5 form factor is more cost effective.
[ For reference, the last 3½" disk I bought was a 1TB WD Green, which
  I fitted into my ASUS WL-700gE.  ]

        Stefan