Re: pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...

> What I suggest would be to investigate if your BIOS or UEFI has particular settings for PCI and try
> to adapt them to the hardware present and the OS installed/to be installed.

> As a further measure, you could try to play with the different kernel parameters to see if there is an
> improvement: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.14/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.html
> concerned parameters could be:
> - *debug* (to increase the level on information you get at boot, but I doubt it alittle because
> the Debian kernel is not built with all debug options in order to be quicker at runtime)
> - *irq* (whith the nomsi option, the system would, it seems, be in irq mode)
> - *acpi*
> - *bios* (to try to forbid the bios to be called by the OS to determine how to call MSI/IRQ)
> - *pci* and *pcie*

> As with Knoppix, you can pass a kernel option to the boot in Debian by hitting "e" key at boot to edit the command line to launch the kernel

 Thank you. I have tried every possible option combination with
knoppix and I have studied reports on similar problems by other
people, but I haven't still been able to make that mobo boot up.

 The problem is that the idiots that designed that motherboard make it
hard for you to get to their BIOS (I haven't even figured out that)
and I haven't been able to find their manual/specs for that board
online (most probably for other reasons)

> Or you could do what I did after fighting with an msi board for
> several years a decade back ...

 I may have too, but I must work under constraints and on a short
budget and I must be hopeful as well ;-).

> Are you still subject to constraints in what you can do
> with your hardware: I know a while back in other threads
> on this mailing list you said that you had to use virtual
> machines / live disks.

 Well, yes. I can only access the internet using live CDs/DVDs
(preferably while using knoppix with the toram option). I have higher
powers actively messing with me. Some people tell me that they "mess
with", monitor everyone that I am just aware and I hate them and their
bs because it messes with my line of work.

 I never effing ever connect my work machine to the Internet. I mean,
noticing my doctor telling me whatever with a computer connected to
the Internet makes me anxious and if you think I am "paranoid" all I
have to say is: "thank you". These times being "paranoid" about such
matters is a healthy state of mind.

 So, live DVDs with some extra scripts to customize things a bit and I
am fine to go.

 I like Debian very much, just using apt in the way that it is
supposed to be used assuming that the Internet is a safe, "trusted"
environment is an odd joke to me. we have had these constant back and
forths in the mailing list. I have even been dreaming about coding a
version of apt based on java (japt?), so that you could go anywhere
with any laptop and get all libraries and etc's, it shouldn't be hard
at all but right now I cannot dedicate time and mind to any other
thing.

>MSI the motherboard manufacturer has nothing to do with the
>PCI feature we are discussing here.

>https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/PCI/msi-howto.html

thank you. it was a confusing coincidence. The thing is that the
motherboard on that box is an:

MSI MS-7641 Ver.3.0 + AMD Athlon II x2 250

 the two links were very good but also "too intertaining" I just need
to get the thing to work for me asap.

lbrtchx