Boot better have mounted on root or /boot ?

I use auto partitioning (if not mistaken) and boot mounted on root "/" instead of creating own "/boot" partition

$ df -h /boot/
/dev/sda1       110G   62G   43G  60% /

What actually the best way for boot directory? put on same root directory like I have right now or it better to have it own partition?

I am curious..
--
Email : Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA