Re: why is my local user (/dev/sda5) drive not being displayed by df?

On Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:41:19 AM David Wright wrote:
> Well, I'm glad that's all sorted. Now all I've got to figure out is
> the connection between df and whoami.

Pretty much, there is no relation.

Maybe you're wondering about why some directories or files (on partitions that
can be shown by df) might allow certain things (reading, writing, ...) by some
users and not others?

If so, you have to learn about the permissions -- try an ls -al on some file or
directory that you have questions about -- if that helps pinpoint your
question but you need some help in understanding, ask a question about that.