Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On Tuesday 16 October 2018 11:54:48 Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:18:10AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >The packagers, who probably have a better overall view of just what
> > this thing called systemd is, should be speaking up to confirm or
> > dispel this rumor
>
> Why waste time giving credence to nonsense? Those who are prepared to
> believe that systemd is some NSA trojan via a complicit Red Hat are
> perfectly able to widen their paranoia to include any systemd packager
> or advocate in Debian.

You forget I'm a red hat ex-pat. Fedora was their lab rat and they had an
endless supply of those so they didn't care if a fedora system died.  I
got tired of an unusable system because my rat died, repeatedly, and
voted with my feet to a superior distro.  And for 2 reasons I'm still on
wheezy for 80% of the running machines here.

#1 is ssh -Y has been killed from jessie on. No excuse for doing it and
bug filing is ignored.

#2 is linuxcnc is still being built and developed on wheezy.

I understand that a stretch version is being worked on, but no alpha
versions we can try have been made available. It does run on armhf
versions of jessie, although the pi is low on iron to really do the job
up to the usual std's for linuxcnc. It is however, doing a decent job of
moving 1500 lbs of 70 year old 11x36 Sheldon lathe for me, doing far
more than Sheldon made it to do.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)