Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On Di, Aug 07, 2018 at 11:46:55 +0000, Curt wrote:
But it seems the whole point of the thing in a multi-user environment is
that you can use a granular approach to permissions, so I suppose if you
didn't desire a particular user modifying the logs, while granting her
other administrative privileges, that would fall completely within the
purview of the philosophy and implementation of the soft that is 'sudo'.

Exactly. At home I’m the only person using my computer, so I don’t need the sudo philosophy.

At work we’re using sudo (interestingly without asked password, so if you could login, you can do „sudo -i”), but there is no administrator difference. Everyone in our small group has always full administrator access.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |