Re: SSD's and many edits of a single file

On Thursday 12 April 2018 10:50:07 songbird wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > Lots of other stuff that would be TL;DR for most here.
>
>   i'm actually facinated by this level of knowledge and
> wish i had such toys around for milling some rocks into
> carvings so i wouldn't have to do it by hand...

Thats often best done with diamond saw blades, running them wet to
control the heating that if not controlled, will ablate the diamond
until its too dull to cut.

A wet tile saw, would be a decent start. And a thumbler for finish
polish.

>   good fodder for daydreaming.  :)

Don't knock that, creativity, if not used, tends to go away. Even at my
age I still have an occasional flash of an idea. My problem is in
getting it committed to code, or at least a paper outline, before the
candle flames meet in the middle. When that happens, its both
frustrating, and time for what passes for a beer around my place.
Because I'm also a DM-II, that reduces to miller 64. Select 55 has been
thru the horse 2 or 3 more times, and comes in alu cans in these here
parts. That takes it off the table as I haven't willingly drunk from an
alu can in 40 years. The connection between the alu can and the
alzheimers epidemic is way too strong for me.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)