Re: Missing KDE "Switch user" command in Stretch

On 11/4/17, Roger Lynn <Roger@rilynn.me.uk> wrote:
> On 29/10/17 20:00, Doug wrote:
>>
>> On 10/29/2017 02:44 PM, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
>>> KDE on Stretch here.
>>> But sorry can't help. My KDE-leave dialog still has "switch user" on
>>> Stretch.
>>> I used testing until shortly before the release of Stretch. I changed
>>> "testing" to "stretch" in the souces.list to stay with Stable for a
>>> while.
>>> That way I didn't do a real update.
>>> But I remember that I had to revert to another theme at some time during
>>> my
>>> use of testing, because SDDM lost some functionality on the way. Maybe
>>> you
>>> like to check that out too.
>
>> KDE 5 (Plasma) on PCLinuxOS: Application Menu > Power / Session > Switch
>> User
>
> Either PCLinuxOS or that version of KDE have a different menu structure,
> because that's quite different to what I have.
>
> I think I will risk upgrading my wife's laptop and see what happens...

I so needed... a good laugh. That did it........

Is there a package that you could try reinstalling to see if it puts
something back in place? I use "apt-get install --reinstall" for
accomplishing that task..

One caveat I've discovered is that it only specifically reinstalls any
given singularly named package. Any dependencies aren't touched in
that reinstall. That would be one reason why reinstalling doesn't
always fix things. It might be about the dependencies being the
ultimate cause of some problem or anther at hand..

I figured out a fairly easy work-around recently regarding
additionally reinstalling dependencies with minimal brain strain
finding them, but unfortunately just this second I can't remember what
that work-around was...

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey