Re: dpkg --configure -a

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 10:12:28PM +0200, Peter Ries wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I have seen in the Internet, many people have the problem, that they get following message:
> "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."
>
> When runing the command: 'sudo dpkg --configure -a', then first it starts, but it will not end in the Terminal.
>
> Nothing changes on the Computer.
>
> Followind commands are not able to execute: upgrade, purge, install and similar.
>

> I also have got this trouble. On my Computer the problem was caused by installing "apache2". I cannot remove it, because "purge" does not work.

I find this to be unlikely.

> I have seen in the Internet, many people gave an answere to help. But I did not find any solution!
>
> So I ask You to give me a way, how it could work.

Without seeing the precise error message from your console it will be
difficult to make any suggestions.  Please provide the complete output
you are seeing with the error message.

> My idea was only to reinstall Debian

That seems a bit drastic.  There might be an easier solution.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez