Re: This (new to me) ip thingy

On Tuesday 03 October 2017 03:02:42 Reco wrote:

> ip -r n s
returns this unsorted list:
rock64Sheldon.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 3e:1b:98:17:e3:8c STALE
scanner.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 30:05:5c:8a:2d:c8 STALE
picnc.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr b8:27:eb:d3:47:2d STALE
lathe.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 38:60:77:cd:f3:2f STALE
router.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 4c:e6:76:ad:34:0a STALE
GO704.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 00:1a:a0:a7:a8:d4 STALE
shop.coyote.den dev eth0 lladdr 38:60:77:4e:38:1b STALE

No clue why it should mark them all as stale except they've been up since
the last power failure. This room is the only UPS and not all of it is
on the UPS.  I also have a 20kw nat-gas standby in the backyard, so
failures are just short enough to screw up the auto-reboot settings.

>Frankly I'm not surprised that it failed to resolve 224.0.0.251. Nobody
>sane would add a DNS record for this anyway.

I think thats from avahi, is definitely is not anything I have
configured.

Scanner is also one of the printers, its an MFC, can do tabloid if I hand
feed it.  Good for shrinking the page count of a rockhopper printout.
Rockhopper can survey a running linuxcnc machine and give you a logic
diagram of it.  Handier than that famous button on the outhouse door for
troubleshooting a complex configuration. But its output, even on 11x17
paper can run to 6 to 8 sheets that have to be pasted up into a poster.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)