Re: kworker eats 45% from first cpu

Jochen Spieker:
> deloptes:
>>
>> I moved my system to an SSD two days ago. I applied recommendation to
>> use "discard"
>
> What do you mean by that? If you are talking about the mount
> option, discard it. (Sorry for the pun.) Use a weekly cron job with
> 'fstrim -a' instead. If you are using LVM, set issue_discards=1 in
> /etc/lvm/lvm.conf.

BTW, mount(8):

 discard
        Disable/enable  the  discard mount option.  The discard function issues
        frequent commands to let the block device reclaim space  freed  by  the
        filesystem.   This  is  useful for SSD devices, thinly provisioned LUNs
        and virtual machine images, but  may  have  a  significant  performance
        impact.   (The fstrim command is also available to initiate batch trims
        from userspace.)

J.
--
Every year I wonder what a tinsel-making machine looks like. And what it
does in summer.