Re: xorriso: listing files+offsets in an ISO9660 image w/o RockRidge

Hi Thomas, thanks for replying!

On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 02:02:48PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> your mail headers do not contain "LDO_SUBSCRIBER", so i Cc: you.

I've never heard of LDO_SUBSCRIBER, but I am subscribed - no need to CC
me. (I put something like that in my signature to make things clear, but
I guess most people don't get that far)

> Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> It is probably not about the "RR" records of Rock Ridge, but generally
> about the structure of System Use Protocol and its payload Rock Ridge.
> I have to investigate under which conditions this error message is
> emitted.

I see, thanks.

> Option -rockridge controls production of ISOs.
> The command not to use Rock Ridge while reading would be
>
>   -read_fs norock
>
> but it was introduced only with xorriso-1.4.2.
> You could try current GNU xorriso tarball
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/xorriso-1.4.6.tar.gz

I'll try everything with 1.4.6 (more details on what I will try in the
other replies)

> Can you tell by which program you created the content of the media ?

A mixture - I'm importing home made CD-rs and DVD-Rs, burned by myself and
family and friends over a period of 18 years or so; so lots of different
platforms, and burning software. I've got 45 imported ISOs so far, with
hundreds more to do.

I'll try the following command with both my current xorriso version and 1.4.6,
against all of my currently imported ISOs, and report back what my results
are:

	xorriso  -indev $ISO  -error_behavior image_loading best_effort
		-abort_on NEVER -find . -exec report_lba

I'll also try -norock with 1.4.6  for any images that fail to see if that
makes any difference.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.