Re: imagemagick-q16

On Wed 06 Jul 2016 at 10:32:10 (-0400), H. E. Çitak wrote:
> Dear Debian Users, imagemagick-q16 takes grabs pdf "helper" ay as default
> position,

I can't parse 'imagemagick-q16 takes grabs pdf "helper" ay as default position'

> and when you uninstall it, takesout gnuift and inkscape in
> synaptic. Are these behaviors warranted somehow?

In the case of inkscape, imagemagick-6.q16 (if you mean that) recommends
libmagickcore-6.q16-2-extra and that in turn suggests inkscape.
So if inkscape was flagged A, and installed because of that chain of
recommendations and suggestions, then I would expect it to be removed
when imagemagick-6.q16 is removed.

I don't know whether there's a chain for gnuift. I don't have it
installed, and I'm not good at working these things out. aptitude is
though: you might try playing with aptitude why and why-not to find
out what packages are retaining (or not retaining) others.

Cheers,
David.